Choose Calidad Enterprises for your modified bitumen roof repair & installation needs. A Modified bitumen roof uses a polymer modified bitumen that is reinforced with one or multiple layers of fabric like glass fiber, polyester, or a mixture of both. The installation process for a modified bitumen roof can be completed using conventional methods, for example, self-adhered and hot or cold application. There are a few types of modified bitumen roofing materials to choose from:
- Atactic Polypropylene (APP) – This type of modified bitumen roofing is a thermoplastic polymer that is either heat-welded or torch-applied. It is known to give asphalt a plastic-like quality.
- Styrene Butadiene Styrene (SBS) – This type of modified bitumen roof is installed using cold adhesive or hot moppings of asphalt. It may also come with adhesive backing. Modified bitumen SBS conveys a rubber-like appearance.
Modified bitumen is manufactured in factories and sold in sheets. It is specially made to have equal thickness and physical properties throughout the entire sheet. A finished roofing membrane can have one or several bitumen sheets, but it can also have a combination of built-up roofing felts and one or more modified bitumen sheets.
Why Choose Bitumen Roofing?
Modified bitumen is recommended for commercial roofing in the North Texas area and the surrounding areas because of these four characteristics:
- Strength & Durability – Both types of modified bitumen roofing can withstand both high and low temperatures due to polymer modification. The number of sheets also improves durability.
- Waterproof Surface– The types of adhesives used to attach modified bitumen provide a seal of protection against water damage
- Prolonged Longevity – This type of roofing can last up to 20 years without the need for too much maintenance.
- Energy Efficiency – This type of roofing material comes with an insulating layer that limits the flow of heat throughout the system.
Modified bitumen roofs will keep your company protected from the natural elements while saving you money on energy consumption. Contact the Calidad team and get your Modified bitumen roof installed by our team of experts.
If you want to learn more about modified bitumen, schedule a meeting today. You can fill out our contact form and we’ll be happy to give you a free inspection.
Modified Bitumen Repair & Maintenance
A modified bitumen is an great material to cover a roof. It can be made to have a longer life expectancy through the addition of rubberized coatings. The rubberized coatings increases the resistance to natural elements, preventing damage from debris. Modified bitumen is extremely versatile and easy to repair. Calidad Enterprises understands the challenges in maintaining a roof. If you have a modified bitumen flat roof get it checked for damages, call Calidad, because we are here to help you maintain your commercial roof.
Calidad Enterprises prides itself on delivering superior services in Modified Bitumen roofing installation, repairs & maintenance. Our Texas team specializes in modified bitumen and other commercial roofing materials so you can be sure you’ll get the highest quality materials for your commercial property.
Our modified bitumen repair & installation company in Lewisville proudly serves Carrollton, Plano, Frisco, Richardson, McKinney, The Colony, Lewisville, Highland Village, Flower Mound, or any nearby city in North Dallas, Texas.